Digital Marketing Specialist (12-month contract)
Position: Digital Marketing Specialist (12-month contract)
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports to: Vice-President, Sales & Marketing
The Canadian Press is Canada's trusted news source and leader in providing real-time, bilingual content across digital, print and broadcast platforms. Clients have relied on CP’s approximately 200 journalists for fast, accurate and impartial reporting to keep Canadians informed for more than a century. Our multimedia news stories are licensed and published by clients such as The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, La Presse, CTV, CBC, Yahoo, MSN, Huffington Post and many more. We also license our news stories for media monitoring purposes to government organizations, corporations and associations.
We are currently looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team for a 12-month contract. You will be an integral part of the Sales & Marketing team that is responsible for selling a variety of annual subscription and a la carte products and services, including licensed news content (articles, photos, graphics, video, audio), custom content creation (via freelance writers, photographers, videographers) and media monitoring services.
Canada’s trusted news leader looks forward to hearing from you if you have:
- at least three years’ digital marketing experience, preferably relevant to content syndication and/or custom content; and,
- a proven track record of planning, executing, managing and measuring B2B marketing programs that generate, nurture and convert leads to drive revenue growth.
- Digital news organizations, broadcasters and newspapers
- Globe 1000 and FP 500 public companies and medium and large private companies in verticals such as Financial Services, Automotive, Consumer Goods, and Food & Beverage
- Government agencies at every level
- Achieve or exceed targets for generating Marketing Qualified Leads, mainly via email marketing, content marketing and search marketing.
- Plan, budget, implement, measure and optimize campaigns to improve lead conversion rates that grow the pipeline with qualified sales opportunities and nurture leads through every stage of the sales funnel.
- Market the launch of a new products and services, with a focus on driving sales from current clients and acquiring new clients. This includes a new multimedia platform in development this year that allows customers to search, view and license photos, video, audio, articles and graphics.
- Develop content and collateral to promote our current products, services and special event packages, taking the lead on copy writing and overseeing design. This includes website content, video, infographics, sales proposals and more.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ B2B digital marketing experience, preferably relevant to syndicated content and/or branded/custom content at news, photo and/or video agencies.
- Track record of achieving lead generation targets, mainly via email marketing, content marketing, SEO, paid search/social advertising (LinkedIn Ads, LinkedIn Sponsored Posts, Google AdWords and paid distribution/amplification networks), and event marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience building B2B buyer personas and prospect lists, creating digital content (e.g. blog and social posts, videos, testimonials, case studies) and marketing collateral, creating email newsletters and campaigns, building landing pages, conducting webinars and using marketing automation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English are required with a strong eye for design. Verbal and written communications skills in French are an asset.
- Solutions-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Fast learner with a strong work ethic who takes initiative and has strong decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational capabilities with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- University or college business commerce degree with a focus on sales and marketing.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with design software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is an asset.
Competitive salary plus performance bonus to qualified candidates
Why you should work here
- The ability to work with Canada’s largest media organizations in an environment that encourages creativity and fresh ideas.
- The ability to be on the leading edge of Canadian news and information storytelling.
- Flexible hours.
- Accessible commute – TTC/bike accessible, central downtown location close to large numbers of restaurants, parks and amenities.
Please apply by Friday, March 22, 2019.
The Canadian Press is an equal-opportunity employer, supports the goals of employment equity and believes that everyone should be able to contribute to the Company's success in accordance with his or her abilities. We especially welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, members of visible minorities and persons with a disability.