Lead Editor, PMNA Calgary
Pagemasters North America is seeking a lead editor for its production desk in Calgary.
- At least three years’ experience supervising a print production team
- Experience with CMS editing and production
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong news judgment and creative design and display writing skills
- A drive to get the details right, even on deadline
- Superior customer service standards and focus
- The flexibility to direct a team of editors with varied experience levels and backgrounds
- A degree in journalism or a similar field
You are able to:
- Respond quickly to breaking news and multi-task under tight deadline pressure with speed, accuracy and clarity
- Assist with staff recruitment, training, mentoring and development
- Schedule employees, assign work and supervise workflow
- Troubleshoot technical and production problems
- Adapt to changing client standards/needs
- Handle administrative record-keeping
- Work flexible hours, including weekend and night shifts
- A positive team environment
- The opportunity to have an influential role in the production of leading news publications
- Corporate rate fitness club memberships for staff and eligible family members
- In-house training opportunities
- Matching pension contribution plan
- A central downtown location close to transit, restaurants, parks and amenities
Please apply to by February 20, 2018.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Pagemasters, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Canadian Press, provides media clients with a complete range of editorial production services, from copy editing and headline writing to design and layout of print pages as well as packaging and editing for websites and mobile applications.